Location : Houston, TX
Estimated Start Date :
JOB TITLE: SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Direct Hire!!!!)
Summary: Coordinate activities of workers concerned with picking product and preparing it for same day shipping both nationally and internationally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist shipping manager by identifying work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
• Issue written and oral instructions.
• Examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
• Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
• Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
• Ensure correct shipment of international orders and hazardous material orders.
• Share the cultural concepts of situational leadership and facilitate the application of the transition to situational leadership.
• Monitor pickers’ and packers’ productivity.
• Assist employees with work process problems.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instruction. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of management.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both oral and written.
Associate’s degree (AS) or Bachelor’s degree (BA) preferred; or one or more years related experience and/or training in the field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For information on physical demands of this job, see HR