Location : Brooklyn, NY
Estimated Start Date :
Our client designs, manufactures and distributes integrated circuits, modules, and sub-systems for high performance radio frequency (RF) and microwave applications. With design, sales and manufacturing locations in over 30 countries, Our client’ products are used in a range of wired and wireless communications applications, such as cellular telephone base stations, microwave and millimeter wave radio systems, broadband wireless access systems, broadcast and satellite systems. Our products are also used in detection, measurement and imaging applications, including military communication, guidance and electronic countermeasure systems, commercial, scientific, military land, sea and aircraft; automotive systems, medical systems, and industrial test equipment.
Our client’ sells our products to over 20,000 customers globally through our direct sales force, applications engineering staff, sales representatives, as well as through our extensive web site.
Headquartered in New York City, Our client was founded in 1969 with a simple formula for success: manufacture products people want, sell them for a better price, provide fast delivery…...but never at the expense of quality.
This exciting opportunity exists for a motivated, experienced professional who is a strategic thinker, skilled negotiator, is driven and has a stable & progressive work history.
The Purchasing Manager will be in charge of a department of buyers & material planners and involved in the daily challenges of the department. He/she will be accountable for supplier procurement and management, contract negotiations, vendor qualifications and presentations to management.
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Recommending and implementing purchasing policies and best practices
- Developing sourcing strategies to support business objectives
- Managing supplier performance, pricing & quality of raw materials
- Supervising and mentoring a team of buyers
- Reviewing and approving all purchase orders
- Negotiating the terms of major purchase orders
- Be the driving force behind continuous improvement of the purchasing process
- Related Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. Business Admin.)
- 8+ years of significant purchasing experience in a global manufacturing environment
- 4+ years of direct supervisory experience
- Experience with electronic components and electro-mechanical parts a must.
- Experience with suppliers in the Far East a strong plus
- Excellent negotiating, analytical and communication skills, both verbal & written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities and short deadlines
- Must be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must use good judgment and creative/strategic business skills in solving problems and presenting recommendations to management. .
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of the AS400 and MAPICS operating systems a plus.
- High energy, proactive, self-motivated and a team player
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
Please e-mail your resume, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org